The Prescribing module of LINKS CarePath provides the tools to make producing detailed and flexible scripts simple. A host of automatic functionality allows scripts to be created in seconds whilst validation allows the system to prevent against invalid pick-ups and duplicate scripts.
We worked in partnership with large NHS and non-NHS prescribing services to develop a fully compliant and integrated Prescribing Module for LINKS CarePath. The module is currently being used by statutory and non-statutory prescribing teams across the UK and by working in partnership with these services we ensure that the system continues to meet clinical governance.
- Automatically calculates titration and reduction dosages
- Prints multi-dose prescriptions to support buprenorphine prescribing for OST
- Maps each drug to blue or green scripts accordingly
- Create auto-repeat prescriptions
- Recognises public holidays and pharmacy closing times
- Mark holiday and supervised consumption prescriptions
- Add bespoke notes for the Pharmacy
- Ensures compliance with NICE Clinical Guidelines (the Orange Book)
- Reduces human error
- Prevents problems with pick-ups
- Records a Prescription history for audits and reporting
- Prevents duplicate scripts being created
- Helps to ensure the script is fulfilled correctly
- Prevents scripts from being printed numerous times