Public Health commissioning teams rely on pharmacies to provide essential services to substance misuse clients including the supervised consumption of medication and needle-exchange services. These transactions are need to be captured, processed and analysed so that pharmacies are paid for the services they deliver.
LINKS Pharmacy is a unique, web-based tool which enables two-way communication between substance misuse services and pharmacists administering pickups and providing brief interventions across a treatment service. The system integrates with LINKS CarePath, “pulling through” data from scripts generated in the system and allowing pharmacists to send information back to the client’s keyworker.
LINKS Pharmacy is a flexible and scalable solution, meaning that it can be used to manage information related to other Public Health services and transactions; these include Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Emergency Hormonal Contraception and NHS Health Checks. We can work with our clients to make the system capture the datasets and transactions required.
- Two-Way Communication – See keyworker comments associated with pickups, record the status of the pickup and send alerts to the client’s keyworker
- Easy Reporting and Audit – Allows Pharmacies to record the fulfilment of scripts and report on these stats, for example the number on supervised consumption pick-ups
- Easy Invoicing and Payments – One-Click Invoice Generation
- Enhanced Communication – Make every contact count by allowing communication between Key Workers and Pharmacists
- Engage with more clients – When brief interventions are delivered in the pharmacy setting, where agreed, information may be shared with services so that potential clients engage with services
- Understand what is being delivered across services – Commissioners will have a full view of activity and be able to adjust service models based on evidence provided through reporting