Luton Shared Care Drug Service had a mature system in place which they had been using for 7 years. Although this system was adequate for internal requirements, the reporting element had become outdated and was no longer fit for purpose. LDAP identified the need for a more robust, tried and tested web-based system with a comprehensive prescribing module and enhanced client management functionality.
Throughout the project, ILLY worked closely with LDAP and the Shared Care Drug Service team to ensure that everyone involved had a clear understanding of the project and itâ€™s benefits. ILLY delivered a number of workshops with all six sites to make sure that the business processes were understood and mapped correctly so that the migration onto LINKS CarePath was as smooth as possible. A key element Â of the migration was the transfer of 75,000 historic and current prescriptions from the old system to LINKS CarePath, this processed was managed closely by ILLY with help from the local NTA team. Workshops were key to identifying potential risks and developingÂ contingencies.
LINKS CarePath allows more flexible working practices, for example, it allows the GPs to move around the different sites whilst still being able to view and update the electronic client data. This has significantly improved the quality and accuracy of the information captured. The successful implementation of the LINKS CarePath project, has resulted in a number of positive outcomes, including:
- Improved Data Quality: â€œThe data quality has substantially improved since moving to LINKS CarePath, which not only makes the data more meaningful but also minimises time spent identifying andÂ correcting erroneous dataâ€Â (Matt Everitt, Information Analyst, LDAP)
- Comprehensive Prescription: Prescribing users can quickly add prescriptions for their clients and see their prescription history. Time spent on this process has significantly reduced in comparison with theÂ previous system.
- Secure Prescribing: The warnings and security features of LINKS CarePath ensure that each prescription is complaint with the UK Guidelines on Clinical Management
- Successful Collaborative Working: LINKS CarePath has made it easier for the GPs and KeyÂ Workers toÂ work more efficiently care coordinate treatment.
- Provided More Flexibility for the GPâ€™s:Â GP'sÂ can securely access client information from any authorised PC at any of the service locations. They not confined to using one PC or carrying clientsâ€™ records with them.
- Minimised Data Entry Time: The systemâ€™s layout and simple icons allow users to enter NDTMS and other data quickly and efficiently to using one PC or carrying clients records with them.
â€œILLY always showed a willingness to meet our needs and requirements and this was encouraging. The system is easy to use and has been a great help to the service.â€
(Thomas Andrew, Adult Team Lead at Luton Shared Care Drug Service)
â€œThe data quality has substantially improved since moving to LINKS CarePath, which not only makes the data more meaningful but also minimises time spent identifying and correcting erroneous dataâ€
(Matt Everitt, Information Analyst, LDAP)